Wednesday, February 20, 2008

(Some Good) Japanese Food

Onion rings on top of salad. How brilliant is that?!
I'm drinking an ume-sour. Ume (plum) wine is amazing.


The softcream flavors are blueberry (delicious, but tasted like strawberry) and black sesame. I have a current obsession with sesame anything.
The baked dish behind the ice creams is called a 'pizza' but is more of a potato gratin with tomato sauce. The ingredients included potatoes, corn, tomato sauce, cheese, and sliced ham.


I am surprised what American foods I crave. Whole-grain bread is currently at the top of the list, closely followed by organic valencia peanut butter. But my enjoyment of this brilliant popcorn-dorito-cheetos mix was indiscriminate of the amount of preservatives I ingested.


Sushi! Duh.
When we moved to Japan we were barely able to put down 4 plates, each. Most Japanese people can do 20-30 plates. There is a famous TV personality who can eat HUNDREDS of plates of sushi in one sitting, and SHE is less than 100 pounds. Now we're filling up on 10 plates and going for the gold.

No comments: