I've been intending to share this with you all. Especially in these trying months since our accident(s), he has demonstrated remarkable patience. . . and domestic skills! I learned that being less-able really limited so many of the things I could do, and Nick was a hero as he stepped in to help. He packed my lunches and made my breakfast nearly every day, with lovenotes:
And on the mornings he left earlier for work than I, Nick carried my backpack to the entryway. He set out my coat, hat, gloves, lunch, and schoolbag so that I didn't need to carry anything. Amazing!
Living abroad has certainly been a challenging and unifying experience for us as a couple. This past weekend we experienced something rather comical. It was an enjoyable evening of karaoke with my fellow musicians from the G8 music project. As a night closer, it so happened that our last song was "Creep" by Radiohead. He sang it well. The lyrics are rather bitter, and perhaps this is a good theme song for January-February. We're feeling better now, but the irony was laughable:
"But I'm a creep,
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doin' here?
I don't belong here"
Three cheers for my hero! Buy that man a beer, next time you see him!
3 comments:
hooray for MEN!!! love you, nick!
I'll definitely buy him a beer, and you, too, for that matter, but ya'll gotta get yerselves back Stateside for me to see him! Hurry up, now, before I decide to go to Antarctica for a three-year-long South Pole UU internship!
You two are pretty in that picture, too. Pretty as a picture, in the picture.
Thank you, Nick, for being your amazing self!
What I mean also to say is "Happy Kissiversary!" I was there when you met, yeehaw!
Post a Comment