Friday, June 05, 2009

Joslyn

Omaha's Joslyn Art Museum has a great new sculpture garden in the front of the museum, where the "Jazz on the Green" happens each summer. What's been recently installed here is absolutely stunning.


For those of you who haven't yet visited, this impressive building was constructed in 1931 in an Art Deco style, and in 1938 was listed among the 100 finest buildings in the United States. Today it houses art from around the world, including an enormous and rather-famous glass structure designed by Dale Chihuly. The new sculpture garden, just opened this month, features a reflecting pool and river, flanked by lovely iron sculptures of local indigenous peoples.



And hey, did I mention that the Joslyn is directly across the street from the Scoular Ballroom, where we're throwing our wedding reception!? If you're coming to town, walk over and check it out!

1 comment:

mary kerres said...

Beautiful pics, T. I went to the opening for members and enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch among the sculptures and wonder--full landscaping. I hope you can sneak some wedding photos there! Mom