This prompted me to look into the river/lake pollution in Minneosta (my home) and Nebraska (where I was raised). There is bad, bad news for Nebraska. Check out this site listing the Nebraskan cities/companies responsible for enormous pollution violations. Nebraska is WAY WORSE than Iowa and Kansas with the level of water pollution. I am especially concerned about the people we know in West Point, and my family in Newman Grove and Columbus.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Water Pollution
On a recent trip to Austin, Texas I was surprised to see the terrible condition of the Colorado River flowing through the center of the city. As expected, Austin is a progressive city with lots of young neo-hippies milling about, creating fantastic music. Unfortunately, I didn't see much evidence that Austin is working to clean up the pollution and trash in its waters. Ugh!

This prompted me to look into the river/lake pollution in Minneosta (my home) and Nebraska (where I was raised). There is bad, bad news for Nebraska. Check out this site listing the Nebraskan cities/companies responsible for enormous pollution violations. Nebraska is WAY WORSE than Iowa and Kansas with the level of water pollution. I am especially concerned about the people we know in West Point, and my family in Newman Grove and Columbus.
This prompted me to look into the river/lake pollution in Minneosta (my home) and Nebraska (where I was raised). There is bad, bad news for Nebraska. Check out this site listing the Nebraskan cities/companies responsible for enormous pollution violations. Nebraska is WAY WORSE than Iowa and Kansas with the level of water pollution. I am especially concerned about the people we know in West Point, and my family in Newman Grove and Columbus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, if coloradans knew how much their river was being neglected in texas, they might want to use up more of the water up there... instead of having to fight with neighboring states about who gets to use it, and how much, and when, and for what... if CO knew TX wasn't appreciating the beautiful mountain water they were sending their way, they might turn off the tap entirely!
Post a Comment