
Mrs. Obama's speech was wonderful. It brought tears to my eyes to witness this historic moment. She will soon be First Lady! What an inspiring, wonderful couple who truly represents the "American Dream".

Because she spoke on a university campus, Michelle Obama was especially focused on harnessing youthful energy. She also acknowledged the fear that we have under seemingly impossible student loan debt. Both Nick and I served as AmeriCorps Volunteers. It was our full-time "employment", on a very minimal stipend. We struggle(d) to make ends meet while paying for student loans. After serving in AmeriCorps, we both had trouble finding meaningful, decently-compensated employment in our preferred field in social services. Now I'm again seeking work as a "community organizer". I hope, I believe, I pray, that Obama's presidency will help heal our nation after these disastrous eight years.
2 comments:
hey, i don't know if you ever saw it or not, but i saw this coolio button that said something like:
"hey, sarah palin: jesus was a community organizer. pontius pilate was a governor."
sweet!
oh wait.. here's a link to a bumper sticker. maybe it might fit on your liberal-ass prius:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/moredetails.aspx?showBleed=false&ProductNo=304553923&colorNo=0&pr=F
cool that you got to hear her!
it's interesting: no one's really stopping by illinois to campaign, because i guess it's a shoe-in. that's good, i guess!
i love that van, all painted up.
Post a Comment