Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thai Hospitality


I just recieved the most incredible email from the hospital in Trat, Thailand. This, I`ll remind you, was where I stayed for a couple days after my foot/knee/elbow/shoulder injuries from a scooter accident. Expensive! But it was an incredible place, clean and spacious, with orchids on my pillow. The doctors were well-trained and provided excellent care (unfortunately infinitely better than any treatment I have received in Hokkaido). And now this follow-up email just makes me laugh! Amazing.

P.S. I am pretty sure there is gravel still under the skin in my elbow, working its way up. How gross is that?!

1 comment:

The A-Team said...

omg, that's hilarious and sweet all at once. you kept talking about how gracious the thai were, and this just proves it! how wonderful (and silly) of them to check in on you...

"hope your nasty injuries won't keep you away from us for too long! please come back to thailand and we'll make sure you have a nice stay, and won't fall off of a scooter this time!" lol! that's great!