Friday, December 07, 2007

Suprise!

びっくりしました!
I may have been chosen for an amazing gig!

In the summer of 2008, Japan will host the G8 Summit in Hokkaido at Lake Toya. G8 is an international conference of the eight most powerful/wealthy countries on the planet. This year`s focus is on the environment. I recognize there are divergent views of the existence of this conference, but I hope that my involvement in it can somehow inspire greater environmental sensitivity.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/policy/economy/summit/2008/index.html This, I believe, is the official website of the summit.

My roles are threefold.
1) I will help to translate a/the themesong for the Summit into English lyrics. The song, "To Make a Forest" was written by a local Yamabe/Furano composer. He saw my performance with The Horse Bones in November and chose me for this opportunity.
2)I will record the song for distribution at the Summit, although I am unsure of the details about the publishing.
3) In June I will perform the song onstage at a HUGE Furano music show. http://www.furanofes.com/

All of this is rather overwhelming and exciting! My first plan is to seek a good vocal teacher get my chops into shape. Next, learn how to write lyrics. . .

2 comments:

rovert74 said...

that is so amazing!!! good on you!!

Elizabeth M. said...

Holy crap, this is cool! Good luck and how exciting, T!