I was stocking paper in a cabinet at work around 8:45 this morning, barely awake from a busy weekend hosting my Mom who is in town visiting. I put paper in this cabinet every day. Suddenly the heavy cabinet ripped from the wall and came crashing down upon my head along with about 60 pounds of paper, toner cartridges, and clouds of drywall. Two of the owners of the company (both very fit guys) were by my side within seconds, lifting the cabinet off me. I have no injuries but a couple little scratches. Wow!
Apparently whoever hung the cabinet did not screw it into studs, and it's amazing that it hadn't fallen before this.
This story reminds me of a time my sophomore year of college when I fell off the top bunk head first. I fell into a small space between the edge of my lofted bed and a desk. By some miracle I did not snap my neck. When my roommate TT threw on the light to see what was the matter, I had somehow entertwined my legs and arms around the bed loft poles and was hanging mid-air. No idea how. My body was scratched and my lip split, but I was grateful to be alive. TT and I wondered if an angel, or perhaps our (REAL, very opinionated) ghostly guest, had saved me. Dunno.
Again today I am grateful to be okay! You never know what might get ya. Or who might save you.
P.S. Maybe I'll write about our ghost some other time. She is a good story.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm glad you're okay.
Please give Mary a great big hug and hello for me.
And oh! Yes, please tell the ghost stories. Those are good ones. Whose ghost is she, again? I mean, which one of you or TT does she follow around?
oh, lady! how scary! i'm glad you're all right! you've got 9 lives or something!
just a reminder -- we'd love to hear about your ghost. i've heard of her, but others haven't. do you have time to share your stories?
Post a Comment